Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 11 - I Want to Keep the Book!

Today I continued working with the student from Day 10.  At the end of the block we had made the explanations for all of the pictures we found on Day 10.  I cannot wait for us to put the finishing touches on it tomorrow - putting the pictures and explanations into the blank book.  I hope he is as proud of it as I am; I wish I could keep it as a memory of this time.  He did a really good job.  I am impressed at how well we worked together today and how much he remembered about the Holocaust from the movies, books, and introduction.

On a side note, we now have longer days due to all the previous protest days.  I know having longer days is worth not having to extend the school calendar, but the blocks seem so very long now.  I guess if they seem long to me, they must be agonizing to students.  Just something I will have to keep in mind as I plan lessons - keep it lively or lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment